- Ambient networks - Creating the network solution for mobile and wireless systems beyond 3G.
- DAIDALOS - Integrating network technologies to give users access to personalised voice, data, and multimedia services.
- Enthrone - Development end-to-end QoS management systems.
- ETOMIC - Building a European measurement infrastructure
- EuQoS - Developing end-to-end QoS technologies for advanced services.
- EVERGROW - Real-time measurements of network traffic.
- GN2 - Operating a pan-European network to interconnect NRENs.
- MOME - Coordinating monitoring and measurement activities and information exchange.
- NGNI - A forum for next-generation networking initiatives.
- NoAH - Analysing cyberattacks and developing a honeypot infrastructure
- SCAMPI - Developed high-speed network monitoring hardware and software.
- European Union Online - General information about the EU.
- Information Society Technologies (IST) - Developing the knowledge economy in Europe.
- IST - Research Infrastructure - Facilitating a high-speed communications network for researchers in Europe.
Monitoring and Security Activities
- Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis (CAIDA) - Provides tools and data to promote a robust, scalable global Internet infrastructure.
- CRAWDAD Wireless Network Data Resource - A wireless network data resource for the research community.
- RIPE Test Traffic Working Group - Independently measuring performance parameters of the Internet using test traffic boxes.
- APAN Measurement Working Group - Working on traffic measurement issues in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Internet2 Measurement Working Group - Working on traffic measurement issues in the USA.
- Internet2 QoS Working Group - Supports development and deployment of IP traffic differentiation.
- TERENA TF-CSIRT - Promotes collaboration between European CSIRTs.
- TERENA TF-NGN - Coordinates lower-layer networking activities amongst European NRENs.
- IXA-Based Network Measurement Node - Developing a network processor-based packet capture system.
- European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI) - Develops telecommunications standards for Europe and elsewhere.
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU) - Coordinates international telecommunications.
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) - Develops and promotes Internet standards.
- Internet Research Task Force (IRTF) - Sister activity to IETF to study long-term issues related to the Internet.